Tuesday 19 August 2014

POETIC RELEASE



 
 sometimes, you think that you have a master of language enough to fully express the way you feel. yet when it comes to it, there doesn't seem to be enough words in this world to say what you feel. i am having one of those moments. but, being a poet, my coping mechanism is to create images or speak in metaphorical terms hoping that the understated exaggeration will do my feelings some justice. here is one of those pieces.


 I want so
badly to write you a love poem,
One that truly tells of how my heart feels.
But somehow writing a love poem feels like cliché
Because simply saying I love you
Does not in any way measure to what I really feel.
You see,
When I am with you, waking up in the morning
Always feels like yesterday was our first date;
I still get those butterflies
Fluttering so stubbornly inside of my stomach;
I still feel foolish because of the sheepish smile that plasters itself on my face every time that I think of you;
With no explanation
And no invitation.
My lips still quiver whenever I try to say something smart
And my mind reels with endless ways to constantly make sure that I give you the best,
My best.

You see,
If I simply wrote you a love poem,
It would not capture the fact that
With you,
I find no point
 in sleeping or dreaming
You have become my dream
My never ending tomorrow,
My forever.
I do not want to write you just another love poem
Because I am afraid to sound too silly
When I highlight the fact that sometimes,
I find myself scribbling your last name next to mine;
As I picture what the little humans that we will create
Together will look like.
I hope they have the beauty of my eyes
But God, I pray, they have the wisdom of your mind
And the purity of your heart.
I know
That you have not yet popped the question
But being with you
Makes me feel like this is already the rest of our lives
Awaiting an ordination that only God can truly give.

Honey,
I don’t just love you,
I adore you;
I am magically sucked into every definition
Of you.
I am not obsessed or possessed
Simply engulfed into the beauty that is you;
Like a collage of memories
That we created together
Plastered onto the very canvas of my soul
You and I
have become
one.

Honey,
I don’t just love you,
I adore you;
I am magically sucked into every definition
Of you.
I am not obsessed or possessed
Simply engulfed into the beauty that is you;
Like a collage of memories
That we created together
Plastered onto the very canvas of my soul
You and I
have become
one.

My love,
time travel is created
Every time that your lips do that beautiful dance with my lips
Spiraling me to a time when I was a little girl
Whose crush just could not go away;
Under the magical spell of the sound of words as they come out of your mouth;
every day, ordinary words
 yet seemingly so magical when you say them.

You see
If I simply wrote you another love poem
I could end up forgetting the fact that when I am with you
It never really matters whether you smile at another girl
Because at the end of the day I know
That it is me who makes you happy.
No jealousy,
No insecurity,
No pointless need for you to constantly prove yourself.

It’s crazy how I thank God for all the scars in my past;
For every single person who broke my heart,
Because you were right there beautifully positioned to help me pick up the pieces.
You see, you took broken
And made it beautiful.
Curved me into the woman I was really meant to be.
you are my inspiration,
My motivation,
My very own imperfect perfection.

I wish I could say I love you
But saying that
Would be a gross under statement.
So I will simply shut up and smile
And promise that my heart is yours,
Just as yours is mine.
So let us leave those organs to converse
In a tongue forever incomprehensible to the mind.









No comments:

Post a Comment